How To Change Countertops On A Budget
If replacing countertops all together isnt in the budget forecast consider refinishing to extend the lifeline of your existing counters.
How to change countertops on a budget. The downside is that the counters cannot be used for food prep but using cutting boards or a portable counter would resolve that health issue. Tiling is a relatively inexpensive alternative to solid countertops and with the huge variety of available tiles you can create any look you want. DIY Painted Countertops.
You can cut a heavy duty piece of linoleum or vinyl flooring to the size of the counter tops and glue down. To avoid brush marks in your surface use spray paint and sealer remove countertops first or thoroughly protect non-sprayed surfaces with plastic and painters tape or a dense sponge roller to apply primer and paint. You can also paint tile.
It is 34 inch. The material itself is not 1 12 inches. Depending on your current countertop material this could be an easy way to update your look.
Follow with latex paint and then polyurethane. Make sure you choose a tile with bullnose options rounded edges for the sides of the countertop. Whether you have 17 or 1700 there is an affordable option for you to update your kitchen countertops.
Using contact paper is a great way to cheaply transform your countertops especially if youre a renter and cant make any permanent changes. Paint concrete and wood are all readily available choices for those willing to try their hand at something new. Laminate is made from layers of plastic bonded to particleboard to form a solid surface.
The process is fairly straightforward as well. Simply tile over them. Jacque and Matt the husband and wife duo from The DIY Village used an easy kit to take their counters from blah to bold.
- How To Design Kitchen Cabinets
- How To Design A Small One Room Apartment
- How To Design A Teenage Girls Room
- How To Design A Narrow Kitchen
- How To Design Build Decks And Patios
- How To Design Small Kitchen
- How To Design A Small Bedroom To Look Bigger
- How To Design A Teenage Girls Bedroom
- How To Design A One Bedroom Apartment
- How To Design A Remodel Kitchen
- How To Design A Small Room
- How To Design Small Balcony
- How To Design A Small Bedroom Closet
- How To Design My Small Bathroom
- How To Design A Porch Roof
- How To Design My College Room
- How To Design My Studio Apartment
- How To Design Balcony With Plants
- How To Design A Small Narrow Bedroom
- How To Design A Small Balcony Garden