How To Decorate Your Mantelpiece
Begin in the center and choose something that is of a substantial size maybe a mirror or artwork that you love.
How to decorate your mantelpiece. Instead of a mirror or a piece of artwork stick to a few vases and bowls that command attention in a quieter way which will add subtle intrigue to your mantel. Use your mantel to display family photos inherited or antique items or seasonal decorations. This fireplace is in an Italian house so an olive twig from just outside makes a fitting decoration but you could use pine cones driftwood or sprigs of evergreen plants such as ivy.
If you cant hide the TV make sure to at least hide the wires. The uses of neutral colors on it make this mantelpiece less eye-catching. Whatever the object it will serve as the anchor for the remainder of your design and should be the tallest object in your overall design.
Hang a piece of art on a track that allows it to slide up or out revealing the TV behind. Here Monte strikes a pitch-perfect balance by placing tall iron candle holders and faux plants at opposite ends of the mantel. This black and white fireplace mantel is pretty minimalist.
Try hanging an eye-catching work of art or a television above the fireplace. Choose a large object that will be the focal point of the mantel for the center area such as a mirror artwork or even a flat screen TV. Arrange shapely vases along the top of your mantelpiece for a striking look.
Heres your chance to get into the holiday spirit. How you decide to decorate your mantelpiece will depend largely on the style interior you have so weve compiled some simple but effective mantelpiece decor ideas that can be tweaked according to your taste and interior. Adding different materials and textures will give your installation a new look.
As far as having a favourite way of styling a mantlepiece using a mirror would have to be up there. Place these off-centre on one side of the mantel for the asymmetrical look. Treat your mantel like a store window.
- How To Reface Kitchen Cabinets Yourself
- How To Remodel Kitchen On A Small Budget
- How To Refinish Kitchen Cabinets Diy
- How To Remodel My Small Kitchen
- How To Renovate A Bathroom On A Budget Uk
- How To Remake Old Kitchen Cabinets
- How To Renovate A Long Narrow Kitchen
- How To Redo Kitchen Cabinets Without Painting
- How To Remodel Kitchen On A Budget
- How To Redo Old Kitchen Cabinets
- How To Renew Kitchen Cabinets
- How To Remodel Kitchen Countertops For Cheap
- How To Redo Your Countertops Cheap
- How To Refinish Old Kitchen Cabinet Hinges
- How To Remove An Existing Fireplace Mantel
- How To Redo Master Bathroom On A Budget
- How To Redo Cheap Kitchen Cabinets
- How To Redo Cheap Cabinets
- How To Refinish Kitchen Cabinets On A Budget
- How To Renovate A Bathroom On A Budget