How To Make A Kitchen Garden
The best location for a new garden is one receiving full sun at least six hours of direct sunlight per day and one where the soil drains well.
How to make a kitchen garden. One for salads and herbs. Remove weeds including their roots to prevent them from returning. To learn how to build our own kitchen garden we spoke to horticulturalist Heather Kirk-Ballard with the LSU AgCenter for her take on what we need to start growing our own produce.
Site selection If you already have a kitchen garden you may not need to choose a new site its enough to improve the old site. If you are making a new garden there are many factors to con-sider. You can also find plenty of these same plants at garden centers ready to transplant for instant gratification.
Its essential that the beds get a minimum of 6 to 8 hours of sunlight for good vegetable production says Kirk-Ballard. Use a shovel or spade to turn over the dirt in the area. Starting a Kitchen Garden.
There are no rules to creating a kitchen garden however the easiest way weve found to plan a vegetable garden is to divide the land youve allocated to vegetables into four sections. And one for a mixture for example tomatoes cucumbers and the like. The weight of the vases is also an important factor especially if they are mounted.
If no puddles remain a few hours after a good rain you know your site drains well. The most classic way to set up the kitchen garden is in pots whether made of plastic clay or cement. One for beans and peas or legumes as theyre sometimes called.
Start in spring to plant the following springor in fall for the impatient. Learn how to grow greens year-round. Learn how to create a kitchen garden in the style of either a traditional row garden or a potager garden which intermixes vegetables fruits flowers and herbs.
- Baby Boy Room Ideas Pictures
- Bedroom Male Ideas
- Backyard Patio Design Ideas On A Budget
- Backyard Wedding Decoration Ideas On A Budget
- Best Balcony Rooms On Norwegian Joy
- Best Apartment Dogs Small To Medium
- Baby Boy Bedroom Ideas Pictures
- Are Wrought Iron Railings Expensive
- Baby Boy Nursery Wall Decor Hobby Lobby
- Bedroom Ideas For A Guy
- Average Cost Of Interior Design Services In India
- Best Backyard Ideas On A Budget
- Bedroom Decor For Teenage Guys
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Baby Boy Room Painting Ideas Pictures
- Best Apartment Dogs For College Students
- Baby Boy Nursery Wall Ideas
- Bedside Table Ideas For Small Space Ikea
- Best Bedroom Design Ideas
- Baby Boy Nursery Wall Decor Quotes