How To Paint Cabinets
The laminate must be in good condition for best results.
How to paint cabinets. An easy way to protect your countertops backsplash and floor is to cover them with inexpensive rosin or brown builders paper. Step-by-step project details tools materials here. Two and a half years ago I painted our oak kitchen cabinets white and it completely transformed our kitchen.
Let dry and reinstall all parts. Next immediately paint the remaining flat areas of the door using a mini roller. Place painted cabinets on a paint stand to dry.
The homeowners who go through my DIY Cabinet Painting 101 course can typically complete their cabinet painting project anywhere from 50-100 total hours. Save Time With DIY Cabinet Painting Tips 101. Apply a deglosser then wipe it off with a clean rag.
Before painting your cabinets you first need to decide whether to use oil-based or water-based latex paint and primer. Special cabinet paints are available that provide a smooth finish but any high-quality paint should work. With color its all about nailing that perfect pristine finish sans brush or roller marks.
Oak is porous and if the pores were not filled during construction your paint job may look pock marked. It is a good idea to check with a professional to see what paint primer or sandpaper is specifically necessary for your oak cabinets. Cabinet painting kits help you to revitalize your cabinets through a four-step process.
I gave my kitchen a whole new look for 250All of the supplies I used can. Once youve done that use a primer or putty to prep your wood for painting then apply. Finally paint the cabinets with water-based latex.
- How To Decorate A Small Uncovered Front Porch
- How To Decorate A Small Space
- How To Decorate A Small Studio Apt
- How To Decorate A Student Bedroom
- How To Decorate A Student Apartment
- How To Decorate A Small Studio Apartment In Nyc
- How To Decorate A Small Outdoor Deck
- How To Decorate A Tiny Front Porch
- How To Decorate A Small Outdoor Area
- How To Decorate A Small Patio Space
- How To Decorate A Small Student Room
- How To Decorate A Small Porch For Halloween
- How To Decorate A Small Open Plan Living Area
- How To Decorate A Small One Bedroom Flat
- How To Decorate A Small Outdoor Space
- How To Decorate A Small Room Without Windows
- How To Decorate A Small Square Dining Table
- How To Decorate A Small Patio With Plants
- How To Decorate A Teenage Girls Bedroom On A Budget
- How To Decorate A Teenage Girls Bedroom Diy