What To Grow In My Vertical Garden
Plant up or sow your pots with low-growing crops like lettuce pea shoots bush beans radishes herbs or for a pop of color a few flowers like violets and marigolds.
What to grow in my vertical garden. Any kind of vegetable will work for a vertical garden but you could try starting with pole beans peas cucumbers and tomatoes since they grow well on vertical structures. Some are edible some strictly for beautifying purposes while some are for both. You dont have to use one to grow only salads and other edible crops.
You can grow them in long rows grow bags or individual pots just ensure to provide enough amount of growing medium for them. A by-product of stacking inventory in warehouses pallets represent an inexpensive and plentiful building material for the vertical gardener. You can easily do this with a vertical garden that has separate compartments like a lightweight felt pocket planter.
Provide shade for other plants. Youll also find even more Clever Design Ideas in the Container Gardening category. So many people dismiss growing vertically in their garden assuming it isnt worth the cost or effort.
Part 1 and Part 2 and 12 Reasons Why You Should Garden Vertically. Once youve planted your vegetables attach the containers to the vertical structure and tend to them like you would with a regular potted vegetable garden. With a little planning and thought you can grow an abundance of healthy veggies without taking up too much room on ground level.
If you have a small patio balcony or roof garden make a hanging gutter garden like this one to grow a lot of plants. I have a crack in my wall so I decided to cover it up with a green beans plant. Add vertical space to your garden with wall-mounted rebar trellises If you can weld or know someone who does these wall-mounted rebar trellises are an inexpensive way to add vertical space to your garden.
You could grow ornamental plants in this way too. Whether you pack your plants in tightly focus on growing one particular species or mix your mediums your creative impulse is your only limitation. Other considerations are sunlight and water.
- How To Decorate Young Man Bedroom
- How To Decorate Table For Thanksgiving Dinner
- How To Decorate Without Painting
- How To Decorate Walls Cheap
- How To Decorate Your Dining Room Table When Not In Use
- How To Decorate Student Room
- How To Decorate Your Balcony With Flowers
- How To Decorate Study Room
- How To Decorate Your Deck For Summer
- How To Decorate Your Balcony
- How To Decorate Your Dining Room Table
- How To Decorate Table For Christmas Dinner
- How To Decorate Your Dorm Room For Guys
- How To Decorate Student House
- How To Decorate Walls Cheaply
- How To Decorate Your Balcony On A Budget
- How To Decorate With Brown Furniture
- How To Decorate Your Dining Room Buffet
- How To Decorate Teenage Girls Room For Cheap
- How To Decorate Tiny Apartment Budget